Mossad chief, Syrian foreign minister discussed Turkish buildup days before Israeli strike

Uncategorized

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu subsequently said Israel had acted after its warnings over a Turkish military deployment were ignored.

By Vered Weiss, World Israel News

Mossad Director Roman Gofman spoke with Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani on August 14, 2026, about Turkey’s military buildup in Syria, four days before Israeli warplanes struck the Abu al-Duhur military airbase in northwestern Syria’s Idlib province.

The phone conversation represented one of the highest-level contacts between Israel and Syria’s new government since the fall of former dictator Bashar al-Assad in December 2014.

Gofman and al-Shaibani discussed Israeli concerns about Turkish military deployments and an expanding Turkish presence in northern Syria.

Four days later, Israeli aircraft struck the Abu al-Duhur military airbase.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu subsequently said Israel had acted after its warnings over a Turkish military deployment were ignored.

“Israel and Syria had agreed on a security status quo, which Syria nearly violated by allowing Turkish soldiers to deploy at an air base near Aleppo,” Netanyahu’s office said in an English-language statement.

He added that “Israel repeatedly warned Syria that such a deployment would pose a threat to Israel’s security. Syria chose to ignore these warnings. Israel will not tolerate threats to its security and would welcome a return to the status quo.”

Netanyahu also said the strike followed warnings to Turkey about a southward military expansion that Israel considered a threat to its border.

The reported conversation between Gofman and al-Shaibani occurred days before the strike and involved the same issue of Turkish military activity in Syria that Netanyahu later cited in explaining Israel’s actions.

Turkey rejected Israel’s account of the reason for striking the airbase, describing the claims about its military position in Syria as “untenable allegations.”

Syrian officials, however, confirmed that Turkish officials had been present at the airbase. The Syrian acknowledgment did not establish that Turkish troops were preparing to deploy there, as Israel alleged.

The post Mossad chief, Syrian foreign minister discussed Turkish buildup days before Israeli strike appeared first on World Israel News.

IN the summer of 2019, I was seated in the wine cellar of a walled Medieval town high above the Dordogne Valley of France, not far from Sarlat-la-Canéda, making phone calls, writing reports. I have given this story in other places and it appears as though you’re about to hear it again. Rob Skiba is a name you that you might be familiar with. Though he had made a name for himself as a Nephilim researcher, more recently Rob had taken a dive into the deep end of the pool via flat earth research. The recorded interviews I conducted between he and Rick Hummer, a fellow flat earth investigator and close friend of his, was published while still occupying that very wine cellar. Read all about it. Chicago Is Not a Mirage.

Word quickly spread. Within a few short weeks, dozens of flat earth researchers began accepting my invite for a private interview, if not a series of interviews. From a 17th-century tower built by King Louis XIV, and with a stunning view of the Alps, I sat down with Robbie Davidson, founder of the Flat Earth International Conferences, conducting multiple sessions. While staying in Dumfries, Scotland, David Weiss agreed to take part in the interviews, as did Bob Knodel of Globebusters. There were others. But when I asked the interviewees to discuss the moments that shaped their lives, among the many PSYOPs, false flag attacks, and hoaxes that were discussed, only these men committed commentary to the false 9/11 narrative.

The resulting recordings ballooned into The Unexpected Cosmology, a book which became a website and was even intended as an anthology. And of course, the following discourse was originally a chapter. It was Walt Disney who stated, “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” Those sentiments remain applicable here as well. American Sensationalism: The 9/11 Interviews was always intended to be expanded upon with the inclusion of new researchers. So I’m sorry to say the project became stagnant during the Covid-19 psychodrama. I took a break to tackle other projects. We lost Rob Skiba. Rob offered hours of private conversation regarding his life but we never got around to the big one. 9/11. It was in the cards. Sadly, Bob Knodel died soon afterwards. Voices are being squeezed from an entire generation. Gnosis passes with them.

In the aftermath, the FE community became fractured. People began going their separate ways. Robbie Davidson, among a noted few others who were interviewed for the project, got up and left the movement altogether. It is not my intent to erase his or the contributions of others if only brief. They came, they went, their testimonies remain.

The original vision may have hit roadblocks but it is not forgotten. I expanded this paper a few years later to include testimony from author Pauly Hart, a dear friend of mine. I had wanted to continue that trend every year thereafter but you know how it goes. For the 25th anniversary of the attack I have redirected my efforts to its first large scale expansion, including Andrew Hoy and Darrin Geisinger into the mix. Perhaps others will lend their experiences to the recorder in time.

The following is their report.

Watch the Interviews