I’VE FINALLY COME TO REALIZE THAT BELIEVING IN BALL-EARTH is a lot like speaking a second language. Bilinguals often explain it to me like this. Their second spoken language is self-interpreted. Meaning, whereas their aboriginal thoughts flow first from a hidden spring, or identifying home language, lips naturally learn to transfer the verbage accordingly into the dialect that is expected.
Similarly, the more I think on it, everything about our senses tells us that we live on a flat, stationary earth. When we fly a plane, we naturally think of navigation using flat, stationary methods. The motion and spin of the earth is alien to most of us. We use terms like sea-level and the setting sun because our instincts tell us so. When we jump, we imagine gravity as falling, not being re-corrected to an upside-down position on a wobbling ball. I think if we’re all honest, we’ve never felt the push of gravity. We relate our surroundings to being fixed in place, stationary. These are the natural instinctual thoughts that come to us first before we shift gears into our second language, that being decades of rewired programming, which starts from the very first moment we’re handed a globe, and reprimands us for the very fact that our first considerations weren’t measuring observably absent curves. God never lies. And if our natural compass defines the world by way of a flat-stationary-motionless plane, it’s because, like our moral conscious, God first gave them to us.
Maybe I’m just speaking for myself.
Anyhow, I’m rambling again. So continuing my series of Flat Earth observations, here’s 12 more, this time while standing along the seashore.
- According to Isaac Newton’s Gravitational Lunar Attraction theory, the moon alone is answerable for our tides. If the earth is 87x more massive than the moon, according to heliocentric measurements, the larger should attract the smaller and not the other way around. If the earth’s greater gravity keeps the moon’s lesser gravity in orbit, then it is simply irresponsible to suppose the moon is somehow superseding the earth’s gravity. Besides, the tides are observably not uniform, and with too many varying heights for the moon to claim responsibility. Even Sir Isaac Newton himself confessed that the moon’s effect on the tides was the least satisfactory part of his gravitational theory, yet the Scientific Establishment just ran with it. If the moon has the ability to pull the water from our grandest oceans, there is nothing in the very theory of gravitational attraction to keep her from removing all of it.
- Ball-Earthers say the magical magnetism of gravity is what keeps all the oceans of the world pinned upside-down, placidly contented to fill what would otherwise look like a ravished apple-core if no water on earth remained, rather than hanging on for dear life as the mostly-eaten apple relentlessly wobbles and spins around its axis at 1000 mph. Their belief hinges on an apple core so massive, by virtue of its mass, that it creates a magic force able to tightly hold entire nations of peoples, infrastructures, more ocean than land, and atmosphere to the underside of the spinning apple. Unfortunately, they cannot provide a single example to justify such a fantastical belief. A wet, spinning tennis ball has the opposite effect. Once spun, water simply shakes everywhere. While astronomers concede to such experiments, they claim that at some unknown mass, the magic adhesive properties of gravity suddenly kick in allowing the spinning wet tennis ball to keep every drop of water stuck to its surface without any consequence.
- If gravity is credited with being a force strong enough to curve the massive upside-down expanse of oceans around a globular Earth, it would be impossible for fish and other creatures to swim through such forcefully held water.
- NASA has changed its story regarding the shape of the earth. They first maintained earth was a perfect sphere, as was documented with the supposed picture of a spherical blue marble earth in 1972, which later changed to an oblate spheroid flattened at the poles (that’s what I seem to recall learning in grade school), and then oddly changed again, famously quoted by Establishment spokesman Neil deGrasse Tyson as being pear-shaped. I guess all that fast food has done a wonder to the earth’s waistline. Anyways, whether it’s marble-shaped or an oblate spheroid or pear shape, as is NASA’s current position, the mere fact that the bulk of continental land runs directly along the equator, with the oceans filling in the remaining upper and lower regions, defies any observable line of logic as to where water would collect on a spinning object like a globe. Oh wait, it’s pear-shaped. I take everything back!
- The absurdity of the ball-theory is believing that the ocean’s aren’t actually flat nor level, but always bent as an unending arch. Even if it were possible to force entire upside-down oceans to cling to the earth because of gravity, all known tests and observations conclude that water must remain flat, not curved. Accordingly, in order for the globe theory to work, spherical trigonometry dictates the surface of all standing water must curve downward an easily measurable 8 inches per mile multiplied by the square of the distance. This means along a 6 mile path of standing water, the earth will dip 6 feet. With every testable conclusion available to us, how can this possibly be? Since the earth is in fact an extended flat plane, this fundamental physical property of fluids finding and remaining level is consistent with experience and common sense.
- Rivers run down from their crowning peaks to sea-level, dipping at last into the ocean, always attempting to find the easiest course. This much is observable and true. If Earth were truly a spinning ball then many of these rivers would be impossibly flowing uphill. The mighty Mississippi, in its 3000 mile journey, would have to ascend 11 miles before reaching sea-level, the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Suez Canal connects the Mediterranean with the Red Sea, and runs 100 miles without any locks, making the water an uninterrupted continuation of the two seas. When constructed, the Earth’s supposed curvature was not taken into account, it was dug along a horizontal datum line 26 feet below sea-level, passing through several lakes from one sea to the other, with the datum line and water’s surface running perfectly parallel over the 100 miles.
- Globe edges simply HATE telescopes. According to Ball Earthers, if I’m standing on the shore, the horizon should vanish at a measly 3 miles. How can anyone standing on the edge of their continent, and with a clear view of the entire outstretched ocean to their left and right, actually believe this? Ball Earthers like to watch ships because its hull will disappear on the horizon before its masthead, as though this were proof enough that we live on a ball. Only problem is, Flat Earthers like to watch ships too. We like to wait until the entire masthead is over the supposed curve before we offer the aide of a telescope, thereby restoring the hull into full view and proving that the disappearance was simply caused by the Law of Perspective, not by an arch of water!
- When Ball Earthers examine such an occurrence as a ships disappearing hull, they’ll often argue anyways, even if we let them borrow our telescope for better perspective, and exclaim: “See, that’s the curving edge of the earth right there! It’s proof that there’s an edge! Light refraction!” I find it strange indeed, if we’re living on a ball, that the horizon always rises to eye level. Despite being 6 feet off the ground at the ocean’s edge with a calculated 3 mile limit to my horizon, if I were to suddenly ascend at any given length possible for amateur viewership, say perchance I had a drone or hot air balloon at my disposal, that horizon would just keep rising and rising, always maintaining eye level, and without any hint of a curve.
- The mariner’s compass is an impossible and nonsensical instrument for use on a Ball Earth. It simultaneously points north and south over a flat surface, yet claims to be pin-pointing two constantly moving geomagnetic poles at opposite ends of a spinning sphere originating from a hypothetical molten metal core. If compass needles were actually drawn to the North Pole of a globe, the opposing south needle would actually be pointing up and off into outer-space. There are no fixed east or west points just as there is no fixed south. The North central Pole is the only proven fixed point on our flat earth, with south being all straight lines outwards from the pole, east and west being concentric circles at constant right angles 90 degrees from the pole. A westerly circumnavigation of earth is thus going around with Polaris continually on your right, while an easterly circumnavigation is going around with Polaris always at your left.
- Moonlight on water always forms a straight line. If the ocean were curved, it would be impossible for that reflection to reach over the horizon to the observer. Nature obeys its own rules, and is not relative, as heliocentric scientists would have you believe. Anyone who’s ever explored a carnival fun house and gazed into a reflective mirror that is curved or warped, or visited Cloud Gate in Chicago (also known as The Bean), as I have, should easily be able to conclude that we do not live on anything resembling a fun house mirror or that bean-thing from Chicago.
- On a day filled with Cumulus clouds, the coastline is a perfect spot to gaze out upon the open atmosphere and trace the angle of the suns picture-perfect rays back to its source, which happens to be not so far above the very clouds from which it came. There’s thousands of pictures detailing in great lengths how sunlight comes down through cloud-cover at a variance of converging angles, and you’ve observed this for yourself a countless number of times. The area of convergence is of course the sun, and is clearly proven not to be millions of miles away, as is dictated by the Copernican model. If the sun was truly millions of miles away, all the rays would come in at a straight angle. Flat Earthers throughout the centuries have used sextants and plane trigonometry to make such calculations and found the sun and moon both to be only about 32 miles in diameter and less than a few thousand miles from earth, perhaps only hundreds.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. – Romans 1:20